The Blog Has Moved!!!

Update summer 2021: blog has a new name! Please visit me at https://thepowerofquiet.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Springing Ahead

Spring is officially here (arrived on my oldest son's 21st birthday - that makes me really old!!) but Mother Nature didn't get the memo. We're still getting snow flurries and freezing temperatures overnight. We are slowly moving toward warmer days, and occasionally the sun peeks out, and we're trying to get out and enjoy it when it does.

Straps for lifting legs
I have done a little sewing, and snapped a photo of the latest project, which was actually a mending job. I had to take out old stitching and sew some new lines of stitching in these webbing straps to correct the size of the loops. These straps have velcro on them and are made for lifting legs. I have a good friend whose husband suffered a spinal embolism a couple of years ago and is now paralyzed from the chest down. I can only imagine what they have gone through since it happened, and they have been very strong and positive and worked hard to give him a normal life, but this is one very small thing I can do to help. It kind of puts all those little inconveniences I complain about into perspective.

Our construction is almost done. We had the final inspection yesterday, and the town building inspector gave us our certificate of occupancy. There are still a number of small pieces to finish up, and the propane is still not in, but it's in progress and the end is in sight. The sun room is looking really beautiful. I'll get some pictures up in the next blog post.

I'm going to make this a short one as I'm about to leave the country for a week and a half and need to take care of a few last minute arrangements. I'm going to Germany with the high school German Teacher and the students who are able to go, along with a few other parents and teachers. We'll be in Bavaria for 10 days, with a group of about 25 of us. My youngest son has been taking German for the past 3 years and has really been looking forward to this trip. He has just started track season, so we're going to try to run a few times while we're there so that neither of us gets too much out of shape, and so I don't get too fat eating all that German food!

Auf Wiedersehen!

Shelley in CT

No comments:

Post a Comment