The Blog Has Moved!!!

Update summer 2021: blog has a new name! Please visit me at https://thepowerofquiet.blogspot.com/

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Fun

Just to keep things interesting, we had SNOW before Halloween this year! (it is very unusual for the Connecticut shoreline to get snow this early in the year)

You can see the snow coming down

the beginnings of a light coating of snow

I started to worry about a white Halloween, but the weather warmed  up and most of the snow in our neighbourhood melted away by Monday afternoon.

We were on a late schedule this year and got our pumpkins on Sunday for a Monday night Halloween. Didn't faze the kids. I was really brave this year and let the kids do their own carving. In years past the kids would draw the faces and Dan and I would cut. I gave each of the kids a knife. And held my breath. Yahoo! No blood!

scooping out the pumpkin guts and seeds


carving pumpkins


eerie glowing pumpkin faces

This was Aya's first Halloween - they don't do Halloween in Japan. She seems to be having fun with it. The kids all went out trick-or-treating, in last-minute, pulled-together costumes, laughing and enjoying the holiday. I'm getting the hot chocolate ready to warm them up when they get back.

Shelley in CT

No comments:

Post a Comment